External Teacher Observations at ACEP
Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Over the course of the next few weeks, as a part of ACEP’s Teacher Development Program, university professors will be observing lessons by Science, English, Chinese, Computer, Occupational Works, and Physical Education teachers in the primary and secondary section. The observations will be conducted by:
- English Teachers: Assistant Professor Dr. Richard Lynch, Senior Instructor, Graduate School of Human Sciences, Graduate Programs of Education, Assumption University
- Science, Mathematics and Physical Education Teachers: Associate Professor Dr. Wannapong Triampo, Vice Dean, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University
- Mathematics and Science Teachers: Assistant professor Dr. Narin Nuttavut, Physics Department, Faculty of Science, Mahidol university
- Mathematics Teachers: Dr. Artorn Nokkaew, Lecturer, Institute for Innovative Learning, Mahidol University
- Chinese Teachers: Assistant Professor Dr. Yan Ye, Director: Educational Research, Statistics and Measurement Center, Graduate School of Human Sciences, Graduate Programs of Education, Assumption University
During the academic year our teachers have three different types of lesson observations, after which they are given feedback on their performance and suggestions on alternate methods of teaching. The observations are:
- Internal Observations: observations done by ACEP administrators such as Year Coordinators and Heads of Content
- Peer Observations: observations done by their colleague teachers
- External observations: observations done by university professors who are experts in different subject areas
External observations play a very important part of the ongoing Professional Development program for all ACEP teachers. All teachers will have been observed by the middle of December 2017.
*Computer and Occupation Works teachers will be observed in December by professors from Assumption University.