Drama Club Performs The Princess and the Pea
Wednesday, September 26, 2018
On Thursday Sept 20th, the Upper Primary Drama Club staged their performance of “The Princess and the Pea” based off the fairytale story by Hans Christian. The Drama Club is coordinated by Mr. Nicholas Irvine with students in Upper Primary choosing to join each semester for Club period.
After spending over 2 months rehearsing the lines and practicing, the students preformed the show for the rest of the Upper Primary students. The background sets for the performance were beautifully created by Mr. Paramanoo and students in the Arts Department. Once the students were ready in their costumes, the show began.
The story of The Princess and the Pea tells of a prince, who must be married to a princess. However, it can’t be just any princess. She must be a REAL princess. When the prince goes to search for her, he finds many princesses, but none of them are real enough. Finally, on a stormy night, a princess arrives to the castle in need of a place to stay. Unknowingly, she is tested to see if she is in fact a REAL princess. They make a bed for her that is 10 mattresses high, and place a tiny garden pea under the bottom matress. If she is a real princess, she will be sensitive enough to feel this pea under all those mattresses when she tries to sleep. Will she pass the test? Do they get to live happily ever after?
The cast of the show was:
- Narrators: Pawarisa Wongprasertkan 5/5 & Rattanaprapha Puengprarattanatrai 4/6
- Prince Valiant: Pattarapon Chavalitanon 4/6
- Queen Mother: Kanchaporn Lertvareevej 5/5
- The King: Vorawit Sudyod 4/6
- Servant Charlie: Pitiwat Rianchaivanich 4/6
- Gypsy Esmeralda: Primmada Leelachaisakul 5/5
- Princess Constantina: Sirichon Kusumonkul 5/3
- Princess Lydia: Supanun Patumorathai 4/2
- Princess June: Nannaphat Phumtrairat 4/2
- Princess Olivia: Jirunya Raveesangsoon 5/3
It was a spectacular performance enjoyed by both students and teachers. The students did a great job. Congradulations to all for their accomplishments and we look forward to the new group of students and a new show in term 2!